The Director is responsible for promoting, monitoring and supervising compliance administration Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
Role and Function: -
- Managers and administrators responsible for Personal Data Protection Department - administration, human resources, finance, information technology, public relations, which have a heavy workload;
- Representing the department in any international meetings and ministry;
- Implement and enforce the Law on the Protection of Personal Data, including the formulation of policies and operational procedures;
- Monitor and supervise compliance with the provisions of the Act, including the production of a circular, notice of enforcement or any other instrument to any person;
- Collaborative relationships with colleagues anywhere in and outside Malaysia in respect of matters of mutual interest;
- Represent Malaysia in matters relating to the protection of personal data whether in or outside Malaysia;
- Due to this department is the only department of protection of personal data in Southeast Asia, the Director plays a role in the presentation of papers in national and international level;
- An advisor to the Minister in relation to immigration policy relating to the protection of personal data and other related matters;
- Planning implementation and operation of investigative activities in line with Act 709 compliance;
- Promote, monitor and oversee compliance and administrative 709 of the Act;
- Designing an inspection certificate statement of compliance with the Act by the user data;
- Establish and coordinate cooperation for the purpose of dissemination, implementation and enforcement of Act 709, including the formulation of policies and operational procedures; and
- Establish and ensure public awareness on the implementation and enforcement of Act 709.