RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION
Section 17. Renewal of the certificate of registration
- A data user may make an application for renewal of registration certificate not later than ninety days before the expiration date of the certificate of registration by the manner and form prescribed by the Commissioner and the application shall be accompanied by the prescribed renewal fee and any documents required by the Commissioner, but no applications for renewal shall be allowed if the application is made after the date of expiry certificate of registration.
- When renewing a certificate of registration, the Commissioner may vary the conditions or restrictions imposed at the time the certificate of registration was issued or impose additional conditions or restrictions.
- The Commissioner may refuse to renew a certificate of registration—
- if the data does not comply with any provision of this Act;
- if the data does not comply with any conditions or restrictions imposed upon the certificate registration is issued; or
- if he is satisfied that the data shall not proceed with the processing of personal data accordance with this Act.